About Modello Stencils
A Decorative Revolution
Modello Designs, the original Decorative Masking Stencil, was first introduced in the Fall of 2003. Since then we’ve worked with 1,000’s of satisfied designers, architects and decorative artisans. Modello® patterns have succeeded in revolutionizing the art of surface decoration.
We continuously strive to make it easier for you to create the designs that you see in your mind, bringing your vision to life and transforming the places where your clients live, work, and play.
- Variety fuels creativity – We have thousands of vinyl stencil patterns available for quick delivery.
- You're only limited by your imagination – If you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, our designers can create a Modello® stencil that’s perfectly sized and styled for your location.
- Inspiration is meant to be shared – We have developed many popular designer looks and specialty finishes that work beautifully with Modello stencils. Visit our How to Use pages for everything from basic installation to exquisite decorative-finish tutorials. See how our customers have transformed spaces in our Stencil Project Galleries.
Service is everything – We’re honored to create the tools you use to complete your projects. We’re here to answer any of your questions about our custom design services and application techniques. We want to make sure you are armed with the information you need for a successful project.
- Always on the cutting edge – We continue to lead the industry with fresh ideas and innovative applications. Come back often for fresh ideas for innovative surface decoration.
Surfaces for Stenciling
Modello® stencils can be applied to almost any hard surface that is clean, dry, sound, and cured. including:
Painted Drywall - Wood Floors - Coffer Ceilings - Furniture - Tile - Concrete -
Glass -Mirror - Acrylic - Painted Canvas - Metal
With Modello® stencil patterns you decorative options are almost endless. You have the freedom to design custom patterned surfaces with:
- Metal Leaf/Metallic Foil
- Concrete Micro-toppings
- Acid Stains
- Solvent Dyes
- Chemical and Abrasive Etching
Visit our Modello® Stencil Basics pages for simple and fast finishes. Explore Modello® Stencil Pro Techniques for exquisite decorative finish ideas and tutorials.